FA GIRLS emerging talent CENTRE
The FA Girls' England Talent Pathway, Emerging Talent Centre (ETC) was created for the 2022/23 Season. The main purpose of an Emerging Talent Centre is Talent ID: To identify and develop future potential players by providing local, accessible high-quality training environments.
The new Centres will offer increased playing time, varied football formats and allow players to play for both an Emerging Talent Centre and a grassroots club, school, or representative team, which we hope will enhance the variety of playing experiences.
Previously the Advanced Coaching Centre was delivered from 2014/15 to 2021/22 season. It has brought a new player-focused approach to elite female youth football, ensuring the pathway is accessible as well as both supportive and educational.
The Ultimate Goals of the ETC:
- Double the number of players within the system
- Ensure any young player with potential can access an ETC
- Delay player selection decisions into performance squads, until players are slightly older
- Almost double the number of training environments that young players can access
- Increase playing time and offer a varied and enhanced football experiences
- Increase the quality and diversity of players who progress through the pathway
Trials for the ETC will take place in July each season, with additional opportunities throughout the season. Please contact Jemma.Tewkesbury@dorsetfa.com or 01202 688279 for more information.