The Dorset County Football Association are looking to recruit a Caretaker/Groundsperson for its pitch and surrounding facility at the County Ground, Hamworthy, BH15 4BF.
The hours of work required are during the evenings and weekends and vary according to pitch bookings but during the playing season amount to approximately 15 – 20 hours per week.
The salary is an hourly rate of £11.08 per hour paid monthly in arrears against the timesheet of hours agreed and submitted.
Purpose of Role
• To open and close the County Ground during out of office hours as required. Ensure that all facilities are locked securely before leaving the site
• To turn floodlights on and off as required
• To ensure the site is ready for use by customers in accordance with their booking
• Report any incidents/accidents to the DCFA Facilities Development Officer so that all information is recorded on the appropriate accident report form.
• Ensure that the site including all concourse areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition that meets agreed standards.
• To conduct weekly pitch maintenance of the 3G as per the manufacturer/maintenance contractors recommended maintenance schedules (twice a week).
• Keep accurate records of pitch maintenance activities and 3G usage.
• Ensure 3G maintenance machinery is regularly maintained.
• Undertake any general maintenance activities around the site as detailed by the DCFA Facilities Development Officer, which may include external hard surfaces, fixtures, fittings, furniture and equipment.
• Willingness to undertake the GMA Level 2 Effective Maintenance of 3G Pitches and any other training that is required to ensure that the surface is maintained to the highest standards.
• Ensure the facility is safe for all users and report any health and safety issues to the DCFA Facilities Development Officer. Work in accordance with safe practice and Health and Safety legislation.
Dorset FA would be happy to consider applications from persons interested in this role as a job share.
To apply for the role please submit a letter of application indicating previous relevant experience to Sue Hough, Chief Executive, email@example.com by Friday 14 July 2023. On the letter of application please confirm whether you are applying for whole role or as job share (Caretaker or Groundsman)
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA.