Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Location: Dorset County FA, Blandford Close, Hamworthy, Poole, Dorset, BH15 4ET
Salary: £25 per hour
Closing Date: 7th November 2022
Vacancy Type: Casual contract - 50 hours per contract
Dorset FA’s vision is to ignite and inspire the communities of Dorset using the power of football and our mission is to be recognised by our football communities as an organisation which inspires and governs football in collaboration with our stakeholders, delivered with expertise and integrity to create a fun, safe and inclusive environment in Dorset. You can find out more about Dorset County FA and the work we do on our website.
Dorset County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Dorset County FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
• Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
• Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
• Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
• Dorset FA branded kit.
Equality and Diversity
Dorset County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role and also complete Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com no later than 5pm on 7th November 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 11th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held the week of 14th November.
• Please note, the successful applicant will be required to attend an FA training day on 6th December at Berks & Bucks FA.
Job Description and Person Specification;
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justine Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.