To help deliver practical football sessions in line with the Dorset FA Girls’ Emerging Talent Centre technical programme, we are now recruiting a Foundation Phase Coach.
Title: Dorset FA Girls Emerging Talent Centre – Foundation Phase
Location: The Blandford School, DT11 7SQ
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Purpose of post: To deliver practical football sessions in line with the Girls ETC technical programme
Start date: July 2022, (Wednesday evenings – 5.30pm-7.30pm from August to May)
Rate of pay: £15 per hour, 2 hours per week
• The welfare of players within their designated age group
• Providing high quality coaching and support
• Delivering a training and games programme in line with LTPD guidelines
• Driving and supporting an individual player development plan
• Player reviews and teamwork with a multi-disciplinary team of staff
• Attending matches in school holidays or evenings throughout the season
Key Skills and Experience required:
• Experienced FA Level 2/UEFA C Coach
• Valid FA First Aid Qualification
• Knowledge and Understanding of Child Protection issues and hold current FA Safeguarding Children certificate
• An accepted FA Disclosure and barring Service Disclosure (FA DBS)
• Experience in Coaching Elite Female players
• An understanding of current FA Talent Pathway Structures
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• Willingness to work evenings
• Own transport essential
• Understanding of Talent Identification
• Understanding of Long Term Player Development
• Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
• Ability to work in a team
• Understanding of the FA Lioness Talent Pathway
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a covering letter with subject line “Emerging Talent Centre – Coach” to: Jemma Tewkesbury via email: email@example.com or post: Dorset FA, Blandford Close, Hamworthy, Poole, BH15 4BF
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 23rd October 2022.
Interviews to take place on Monday 31st October 2022.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Dorset County Football Association acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Dorset FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please complete the Dorset FA Equality Recruitment Form when applying for a role with us.