Dorset FA Girls’ Emerging Talent Centre is seeking to appoint a Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist to deliver injury treatment and proactively deliver pitch side and take home prevention interventions to players involved in the Emerging Talent Centre, and to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all girls within the Centre.
Location: Blandford School, DT11 7SQ
Responsible to: Emerging Talent Centre Manager
Start date: December 2022, (Wednesday evenings 6-8pm, sessions will be every 3-4 weeks for this role)
Rate of Pay: £60 per session (inclusive of mileage)
• Providing assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of injured players
• Clinical decision making process (fitness of player to train/play)
• Player education (Injury prevention) pitch side and classroom based in small groups
• The welfare of all players within the Centre
• Continuing Professional Development
• Communication regarding injury status and rehabilitation of players to coaching staff and parents
• Medical records - All notes and records must be kept securely. All medical records must meet the standards set by an approved body.
• Confidentiality - The physiotherapist must at all times abide by the CSP Rules of Professional Conduct
Key Skills and Experience required:
• Current Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy Degree / equivalent qualification
• Relevant professional body accreditation and public Liability Insurance as a Registered Practitioner
• FA Emergency Aid Certificate or equivalent
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
• An accepted FA Disclosure and Barring Service Check (FA DBS)
• Previous experience in, and appropriate skills for the delivery of musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports therapy within football/sport
• Have knowledge and understanding of youth player musculoskeletal development
• Willingness to work evenings
• Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to travel independently
• Ability to work as part of a team of staff
• Understanding of the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway
• Knowledge and Understanding of working with young footballers
• Previous experience of working in contact sport
• Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
• The Football Association EFAiF or IFAS qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a covering letter with subject line “Emerging Talent Centre – Physiotherapist” to:
Contact: Jemma Tewkesbury via email: Jemma.Tewkesbury@dorsetfa.com or post: Dorset FA, Blandford Close, Hamworthy, Poole, BH15 4BF
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 4th December 2022
Dorset County Football Association acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Dorset FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please complete the Dorset FA Equality Recruitment Form when applying for a role with us.