Sport England Announce Community Emergency Funding
Sport England are making up to £195 million of funding available in a Community Emergency Fund to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
The package is made up of the following:
1 A £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which is now open for clubs and community organisations to bid into. Grants between £300 and £10,000 are available.
2 A £5 million pot for our existing partners to bid into if they're facing specific financial difficulty
3 An additional £55 million to support our sector during an ongoing period of restrictions, to fund new and innovative ways to keep people active and, when the period of restrictions is over, to help organisations get back to business and adjust to a different environment.
4 A £115 million rollover of current funding into 2021/22 to give long term certainty to over 100 well-established partners who play a vital role in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England.
The fund is designed to complement other sources of funding from the government, such as funds targeted at small businesses. Please click below to see the funding support that the government has available before you consider applying to this fund.
Support for Businesses During COVID-19
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any organisation delivering community sport and physical activity can apply if it’s experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the impact of coronavirus.
These organisations include:
1. Local sports clubs
2. Voluntary and community sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical activity, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations and have an important role to play in keeping people active, that may need support for other parts of their organisation to remain open
3. Small charitable trusts that do not qualify for financial help elsewhere
4. Regional or county level organisations or leagues that have already paid out funds for activities that are now cancelled and are not able to claim funds from elsewhere.
HOW CAN THE FUNDING BE USED?
The fund has been developed to help community sport and physical activity organisations meet their obligations, in particular fixed costs, which are no longer supported with revenue as a result of coronavirus. This might cover expenditure on:
- Utility costs
- Facility or equipment hire
- Core staffing costs (including casual workers) that cannot be met elsewhere by other government funds
- Retrospective losses dating from 1 March, 2020
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more on the fund and see if you qualify please click below: