The game itself is 5-a-side, played on a hard, even surface played to lines on a court. The ball is weighted, aiding the skill level of play, and the goals are of a hockey size as opposed to 5-a-side goals.
For further information on Futsal click here.
In the County over the last few years a number of initiatives have been implemented to raise the profile of Futsal:
• Delivery within schools
• Turn up and play in partnership with Bournemouth University for youth players
• Turn up and play opportunities at Purbeck Leisure Centre
• Local qualifiers for the FA Regional Youth Futsal Festivals
• Dorset have organised and delivered the Regional Youth Futsal Festivals
• Delivery of FA Futsal Coach Education
• Under 7 Mini Soccer Festival