The Charter Standard League programme assesses your League on its ability to provide a high quality, safe and enjoyable football experience against a set of criteria. It will also encourage your League to continuously develop, through on-going support from the County FA and the review and update of a league development plan, as part of an on going process.
To meet the criteria to attain a CS League Award, Leagues need to display the following, linked to the FA National Game
• Growth and retention – evidence of how the League plans to grow
• Raising standards – at least 60% of teams in the League have CS Club status. The League will have a maximum of 2 years to ensure that all Clubs attain this. New Clubs must attain an award within 12 months of joining the League,
• Better players – the league is committed to developing appropriate competition and training, through a coach education programme.
• Running the game – the league is sanctioned by The FA/CFA, codes of conduct are embedded, CS item on League meetings agenda
• Workforce development – League has a named CS League co-ordinator, provides CPD opportunities for League volunteers and Clubs
• Goals and enablers – League has a development plan, and an agreed support package with the CFA.
To date there are five Leagues within the County that have attained the Charter Standard League award:
• Dorset Premier League
• Dorset Womens League
• Dorset Youth Football League
• Dorset Girls League
• Dorset Mini Soccer League