Dorset County FA we will be working with the IOG Regional Pitch Advisor, to provide visits to local clubs in the county. To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site or be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas relating to pitch maintenance.
Pitch Improvement Programme
- Club submits an Expression of Interest Form if they wish to receive a visit. Dorset FA or the Pitch Advisor may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisor.
- We will coordinate the time and date of the visit in conjunction with the selected club.
- We will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits, including contact details.
- A site visit is carried out, with the Dorset County FA Facilities Officer in attendance if possible.
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and the County FA
- Club follows recommendations.
- Feedback sought from club following an agreed timescale, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor. A second pitch visit will be arranged.
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Dorset County FA and The FA.
Cost & Payment
The cost for the pitch visit and report is £100.
The Dorset FA will subsidise the cost of a club visit by 50% for clubs below Step 6.
Clubs will be required to pay the County FA before the club visit takes place.
Pitch Improvement Workshops
As part of the new Pitch Improvement Programme, the Count FA in partnership with the Regional Pitch advisor will run a number of workshops throughout the season on a variety of topics.
The workshops will also include demonstrations by our two machinery and materials partners Redexim Charterhouse and Rigby Taylor who are experts in the field.
Workshops will usually take place in May and November and are ideal for all grassroots groundsmen in Dorset who have the responsibility of maintaining and looking after their club’s pitches.
The next workshop will take place on Friday 11th November from 6.30pm
Due to unforeseen circumstances the course on Friday 11th November at Milborne St Andrew has been postponed. We hope to reschedule shortly.
VenueMilborne St Andrew Sports Club Milborne St Andrew Lane End Blandford Forum DT11 0JA
6.30pm - 8.30pm
To book your place please completed the following Booking Form